NSS (National Service Scheme)
The programe aims to instill the idea of social welfare in students, and to provide service to society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources. it also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster’s victims.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are :
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practise national integration and social harmony
NCC (National Cadet corps)
The National Cadet Corps is the Indian Military Cadet Corps with its Head Quarters at New Delhi. It is a voluntary organization which recruits cadets from high schools, colleges and Universities all over India. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course but are given preference over general candidates during selections based on the achievements in the corps.