Rich experience should be used to build better education system benefiting thousands of stakeholders than utilizing for personal gains.
- Initiated comprehensive Up-skilling Programs, leading to the creation of employable graduates
- Established several Centers of excellence with R&D Potentials
- Changed Pedagogy from conventional to Digital Mode using Apple’s Framework
|Site Engineer,Harangi Dam
Division, Kushal Nagar, Coorg
(Experience certificate is misplaced)
to till date
|Site Engineer, SJCIT, Chickballaur
Lecturer, SJCIT, Chickballapur
Asst. Professor, SJCIT, Chickballapur
Professor, SJCIT, Chickballapur
Principal, SJBIT, Bangalore
|1st to 10thstd
11th and 12th
|Govt. Schools, Saligrama, KR Nagar
Govt. Junior college, Sri Adichunchanagiri, Nagamangala, Mandya Dist.
|1980-1984||B.E: (Civil Engg): AIT Chickmagalore
Project: Analysis and design of multistoried buildings
Class obtained: First Class with Distinction
|1991-1993||M.Tech: NIT – Surathkal, Mangalore Karnataka:
Project: Experimental investigation of geotextile reinforced earth retaining walls.
Class obtained: First Class with Distinction.
|1996-2000||PhD, IIT Kanpur
Thesis: Application of Non linear optimization technique and Neural Network to estimate the model/ soil parameters – An inverse analysis
|Date of Birth:||22.05.1962|
|Saligrama, KR Nagar, Mysore Dist
Vokkaliga / 3A
With 32 years of experience in administration and teaching in Engineering colleges, a comprehensive plan is drawn and the same is being implemented in SJBIT keeping over all development of the college in mind.
My leadership qualities, my ability to get the things done and my passion for contributing to this society is strong and is growing. I am a visionary and will work relentlessly to realize my vision. At the helm as a Principal of SJB Institute of Technology, I am of the opinion that the institute has reached greater heights. I wish to be a thorough professional and a mentor to many young and aspiring teachers. I strongly feel my contributions to the Institute and the field of engineering profession as well as to the society as a whole has impacted many.
Following points would corroborate this.
- Keeping advances in education domain in mind, we have developed innovative strategies and academic programs for the smooth functioning of the college.
- Robust Management Information System (MIS) and Learning Management System (LMS) is being implemented.
- Devised creative intervention plans based on ideas that utilize innovative technologies, processes, and practices. With this theme in mind, we have Changed conventional method of teaching and learning to Digital mode of teaching and learning under Apple inc. platform.
- Due to excellent training and placement activities in ‘Human Resource Development’ department, SJBIT has produced most employable graduates. Focus is on skill and competences with global perspective. This has led to Improved employability and Entrepreneurship by promoting joint certification training programs.
- Under Industry- institute partnership, we have signed MOUs with 46 companies/corporates leading to the creation of industry environment in the college campus. Spread awareness on intellectual property rights / patents leading to the development of incubation centers and promotion of entrepreneurships.
- Strengthened R & D activities through collective, collaborative effort and emphasized on multi-disciplinary research programs. Established ten R&D centres and 167 research scholars have enrolled for various research activities leading to the award of PhD program under VTU. Disseminated research findings by conducting seminars, expert talks, training and workshops
- Implemented and encouraged Industrial Oriented Training programs operating as a center to transfer current technologies to students
- First time the college had gone for accreditation and received ‘A’ grade with CGPA of 3.22 on seven point scale, from NAAC for five years starting from Oct 2017 valid up to Oct 2022.
- By adopting various feedback mechanisms the issues relating to Administration, HOD, teaching and non-teaching staff is being addressed on regular basis.
- Last but not the least. Nurtured strong human values uplifting Nation’s culture by cultivating moral and ethical values, through various social activities
- Three time Academic senate Member
- Chairman of the board of studies in Civil Engineering for the period 2013-16
- Chairman of Research Grants Review committee 2013
- Chairman of Research Registration Expert Committee for the year 2013-14
- Chairman of PhD expert committee in civil Engineering 2014
- Chairman of Local Inquiry Committee: visited several Engineering College
- Chairman, Research Registration Expert committee in Civil Engineering [2014-15]
- Member, Scrutiny of Research Supervisor 
- Member, Expert Committee for recognition of Research Supervisor 
- Member, Institution of a new PG Programme “M.Tech in Industrial Mathematics” [2013-14]
- Member, Faculty Advising Board for EDUSAT Programme [2013-14]
- Member of Local Inquiry Committee: visited several Engineering College
- Member of Research Review committee 2013
- Invitee, action plan to expedite the TEQIP-III activities to improve the employability of the Engineering Graduates through Interventions. [2019-20]
- Invitee, Board of Studies in civil Engineering 
- Industry Institute Interaction Cell has signed MOUs with 46 companies/corporate leading to the creation of industry environment in the college campus.
- Established 7 R&D centre’s and currently 167 research scholars have enrolled for various research activities leading to the award of PhD program under VTU.
- In the campus, we have established SJB Research Foundation (SJBRF), aSection 25 Non-Profit Company and SJB Innovation and Entrepreneurship Foundation (SJBIEF), a section 8 Non-Profit Company. The main aim is to collaborate with industry for any financial support towards meaningful research activities there by bridging the gap between academic and industrial research.
- Accredited by NAAC with A grade, valid from Oct 2017 to Oct 2022
- SJBIT is Ranked No. 1 in Karnataka, (Among VTU Affiliated Private Engg colleges); Ranked No. 5 in South India (Among the Private Engg. Colleges); Ranked No. 14 in India (Among the Private Engg. Colleges); based on All India ‘Data Quest-Cyber Media Research’ survey- May 2015, to grade the Engineering Colleges in India.
- SJBIT has been honoured as “Excellent Training & Placements Institute in Karnataka” by VTU, AICTE, CMAI, AIU, Govt. of India.
- “Global centre of Excellence” by M/s. Hirecraft software solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Accredited by M/s.Tata Consultancy services.
- “Trusted academic Partner” by M/s. Wipro Technologies.
- “NI Lab view Academy School” by M/s. National Instruments”.
- Secured several Ranks in various examinations.
- Winner of National Employability Award during the Academic year 2012-13 and 2013-14: by
M/s. Aspiring Minds
- “Patent Pending Status”- A system for controlling an Electronic Jacquard and a method thereof.
- “Center of Excellence for Training and Research in Automation Technologies” CETRAT has been established at SJBIT in association with BOSCH REXROTH INDIA limited. CETRAT offers certification courses (industrial oriented training programs) in PLC, Sensorics, Drives and Controls, Hydraulics and Pneumatics. This center has been renowned as one of the best centers in India for its international standard infrastructure facilities and active operations
- Apple authorised Education-SJBIT officially became AATCe to offer Apple authorized certificates directly to the student
- Initiated merit Scholarships program wherein Rs 35000/- is being awarded to meritorious students (semester toppers in each branch) every year.
- Through various feedback mechanisms, the issues relating to Administration, HOD, teaching and non-teaching staff is being addressed on regular basis.
- Robust Management Information System (MIS) and Learning Management System (LMS) are being implemented.
- Changed conventional method of teaching and learning to Digital mode of teaching and learning under Apple inc. platform.
- Innovation Club in the institution has been constituted
- Apple center of excellence has been set up. Highlights of this center is mentioned below:
- Digitization of teaching and learning using Apple frame work
- 21st Century Teaching methodologies and new approaches
- Content creation and empowering faculty for MOOCs
- All the faculty were trained to deliver education using 21st century learning environment (M/S Apple Inc academic solutions)
- SJBIT is the first Engineering college in India to offer courses in iTunes U
- Faculties are creating their own content for supporting teaching and learning
- iOS Developer Programme
- AATCe – Apple Authorized Certificaiton
- Exposure to role of mobility App development in corporates
- Real-time project through PBL – 30 Apps for college
- Trained 200 students at SJBIT on iOS App Development from 5 departments on 200 hours program.
- Students will build real time Apps using Apple tools and students will be encouraged to publish their Apps into Apple store and become entrepreneurs or showcase their knowledge during placement activities.
- Internship for students- through the internship, the students are encouraged to work on real world problems and be a part of live projects understanding the entire cycle of App development. Also, students are given exposure on latest technologies and parches of Apple and its partner companies.
- Soft Skill
- Technical Skill
In order to encourage Industrial houses to promote applied R&D relevant to their needs; SJBIT is associated with many Industries having vibrant objectives. SJBIT’s main association ship with universities and industries are:
|Sl. No||Name of the Company||Sl. No||Name of the Company|
|1||Apple Inc||24||Adarsha Control Systems Pvt. Ltd.|
|2||Bosch Rexroth Group||25||Quest Auto Engineering|
|3||Intel Corporation (FICE)||26||PM Machine Tools and Components Pvt.Ltd.|
|8||Ni Systems (India) Private Limited (“Ni”)||31||DataLore Labs|
|9||Ethnotech Academic Solutions Pvt. Ltd||32||Uniqual Software Solutions|
|10||Creative Infotech||33||Viswajothi Technologies Private Limited|
|11||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||34||Cluster Info Solutions Pvt. Ltd.|
|12||Bentley||35||G And G Creators and Designers|
|13||University of Agricultural Sciences||36||Prayojana Construction Management Training Institute (PCMTI)|
|14||ePLAN||37||Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Rural Energy and Development|
|15||Meizu Technology Co.Ltd.||38||ViswaJyothi Technologies Private Limited|
|16||Lekha Wireless Solutions Pvt. Ltd||39||V V Systems and Power Panels Pvt. Ltd.|
|17||Knowx Innovations Pvt. Ltd.||40||Elekpro Electrical Engineering (P) Ltd|
|18||Effent Technologies Pvt. Ltd.||41||Mech Masters Ind|
|19||ElintLabz||42||Payjo Private Limited|
|20||M/S WinglobalTek||43||Gold VIP Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd., (Crownit)|
|21||SpeckbitExploratories Private Limited||44||Arise Techno Solutions|
|22||LoginwareSofttec Pvt. Ltd.||45||E2e Biotech Private Limited|
|23||VI Solutions||46||Genei Laboratories Pvt. Ltd|
Best Practices as part of research Initiatives
- Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education – LM4810
- Life member of Indian Geo Technical Society- LM1530
- Life member of Institution of Engineers (India) – M/113036/0
- Proctor System
- Healthy feedback mechanism
- Industry Institute Interaction (MOU) initiative.
- Certification Program (Ex: IOS, CISCO, Lab view, etc.)
- Start up initiative by students
- Innovative Project identification and yearly Project Exhibition
- Online Quiz conduction
- In-house Internship Program and Mini Project initiative
- API (Academic Performance Indicator) Evaluation
- Quality Audits
- DPD (Digital professional Development) training for faculties to develop e- Content and Apps)
- ICT (information and communication technologies) used in class rooms and students interaction through Edmodo.
- Department level-National conference, staff Excursion, Guest Lecturers, Training to higher studies, Industry visits
- College level-Ethnic Day, Staff Club, students and staff feedback system, etc
World Bank assisted project ‘Integrated Rural Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation Project (IRWS &7 ESP)’. This project was aimed at creating awareness among the village people about the importance of good quality water, cleanliness and environmental sanitation. The duration of the project was one year starting from 25.02.1994 to 30.03.1995. This project has covered 25 villages of Bangalore rural district.
|Sl No||Name of the Students||Topic of research|
|1||Mr. Nisarg Shankar||Feasibility Studies on the Properties and Strength of Cement Concrete by using treated water from Vrishabavathi Tributary|
|2||Mr. Rakesh R||Parameter estimation of RCC slabs subjected to gravitational loads|
|3||Mrs. Chaitra B R||Treatment of Daily waste water using Electro-coagulation|
|4||Mr. Kiran Kumar .B.S||Behavior of Dome Shaped Footing on Black Cotton Soil|
- Fatigue Analysis of double channel cold formed steel beam column joint
- Effect of internal layers on the deformation of reinforced earth retaining walls constructed by using sandwich technique.
- Feasibility of sandwich technique in the reinforced earth retaining walls
- Impact of conventionally and non-conventionally treated waste water on characteristics strength of concrete
- Analyzing the effect of steel bracing in plan irregular steel structure subjected to lateral loads.
Best Pedagogical Changes cultivated at SJBIT
- Attended ‘Academic Leadership Workshop 2019’ conducted under ‘Talent Next’ by Wipro limited, Electronic City, Bangalore from 25th – 27th March 2019.
- ‘Apple Education Leadership Summit’: London, United Kingdom: on 25th, 26th and 30th of January 2017.
- 01.17: Apple summit at the crystal 1 Siemens brothers way , E16 1 GB London
- 01.17: Hove Park School Visit, Vevill Rd, Hove BN3 7BN, UK
- 01.17: ESSA Academy Visit, Lever edge Ln, Bolton BL3 3HH, UK
- Attended BETT show in London on 27th and 28th Jan 2017: BETT is British Educational Training and Technology is an annual trade show in the United Kingdom marketing information technology in education wasorganised.
- Attended ‘Advanced training on closed loop Hydraulics & Automation’ during 27th June to 4th July 2016, at Bosch Rexroth, Wurzburg, Germany.
- Panel Member: EDEX2017: Higher Education Agenda: panel topic: Innovation, Research, Standards, skills and training- Bridging the gap between Industry and Academia, Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore – 2017
- Participated in ‘IoTNext 2016 summit’ held at SJBIT on 9th and 10th Nov 2016
- Participated in the ‘Corporate initiatives for collaboration with the academia in the IT sector’ workshop organized by BITES on 29th Sept 2007 at Infosys Technologies, Electronic city, Bangalore.
- Attended and successfully completed the training Program on ‘GCP Guidelines applicable for clinical trials in India’, held at BGS Global Hospitals, BGS Health and Education city, Bangalore on 01.03.2013
- Participated in the two day national awareness workshop on ‘National Board of Accreditation’ held on 19th and 20th December 2000 at Bangalore.
- Participated in the 3-day programme, sponsored by AICTE, on ‘Human Resource Development’ at BMS college of Engineering, Bangalore from 6th to 8th May 2003.
- ‘Curriculum course on ‘C Language’ from 18-08-2000 to 02-10-2000 at Chickballapur conducted by Genesis software solutions and SJCIT.
- Short term course on ‘Computational methods and advances in GeoTechnicalEngineering’ atIISc-Bangalore, during 24th June to 5th July 1996.
- One week course on ‘Engineering of Ground’organised by IIT-Kanpur, during My 12th to 17th, 1997 under the sponsorship of QIP, AICTE, and Govt. of India.
- Short-term course on ‘Geoinformatics for resource evaluation and management’ held at IIT-Kanpur from 7th to 11th
- One-week course on ‘Development in reinforcement of ground and slopes’organised by IIT-Kanpur during March 22nd to 26th 1999 under QIP, AICTE and Govt. of India.
- National conference on ‘Applications of Fourier and wavelet analysis in Engineering and technology (NACWET-99)’ held during May 19th to 21st 1999 at SJCIT – Chickballapur.
- Short Term Training Programme (STTP) from 16th to 28th Aug 1999 on ‘Modern computational mathematical technique to analyse random response data’ at SJCIT, Chickballapur.
- ‘Mud block construction and related technologies’ at IISc., Bangalore, organised by KSCST and ASTRA from 1st to 19th of Jan’
- ‘Training the trainers programme’ on ‘Construction methods’ at training cell, JSS Consultants, SJCE, Mysore from 3rd to 5th Feb 94.
- ‘Training the trainers programme’ on ‘Orientation of primary school teachers and care takers program’ at training cell, JSS Consultants, SJCE, Mysore from 24th to 29th Jan 94.
- ‘Training programme in construction methods’ at SJCIT, Chickballapur from 9th to 13th Aug’
- National workshop on ‘Waterproofing of building’ from 18th to 19th Feb at Bangalore.
- Attended the ‘23rd Annual Convention of ISTE’, held at KRE College, Suratkal, during 26th-28th Dec 1993.
- Attended ‘Annual Convention’ at CREC – Calicut.
- Attended the ‘Indian Geotechnical Conference-1995’, from 19th to 22nd Dec 1995 as a delegate and actively participated in its deliberations.
- Attended the training programme in ‘Construction Methods’ from August 9th to 13th August 1994 held at SJC Institute of Technology, Chikkaballapur.